As part of the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Project, Metro’s contractor, Walsh-Shea Corridor Constructors (WSCC) will implement a new street configuration in Park Mesa beginning at 9am on Friday, February 3, 2017 through 6am Monday, February 6, 2017. The new street configuration will allow for the safe construction of the light rail guideway and will remain in place until 2019.
No Parking will be allowed on Crenshaw Bl between 46th St and 59th St during the implementation of this new configuration. Vehicles parked in no parking areas will be towed.
Free temporary parking lots continue to be available to the public at the following locations:
- Northwest corner of Crenshaw Bl and 48th St
- Southeast corner of Crenshaw Bl and 50th St
- Southeast corner of Crenshaw Bl and 54th St
- Southwest corner of Crenshaw Bl and 63rd St
- Northeast corner of Crenshaw Bl and 63rd St
Once the reconfiguration is complete, on-street parking will be restored to Crenshaw Bl between 46th St and 59th St. The Temporary Construction Parking lots will also continue to be available.
WHAT: Street Reconfiguration
WHEN: Friday, February 3, 2017 from 9am to 6am Monday, February 6, 2017,
WHERE: Crenshaw Bl between 46th St and 59th St
DURATION: One weekend
What To Expect
- New traffic signals will be installed at 48th St, 50th St, 52nd St and 54th St.
- Lane closures; with a minimum of one lane of access for both northbound and southbound traffic on Crenshaw Bl at all times during the implementation
- After the new street configuration is in place, two through lanes will be maintained on Crenshaw Bl.
Do you like this post?